4/28/10

Mexico & surgery...

I just spent the most AWESOME week in Mexico at Rui Mayan Palace! My friend at work was part of President's Club and won a trip to Mexico for 2 and she brought me with her... Woot Woot! We had such a GREAT time...laying on the beach or by the pool. We did do one day on Cozumel, took a ferry over, went to Chankanaab Park to see the Sea Lions and Dolphins. Not sure it was worth it but it was ok. Did one day on the Zip Line...it was awesome! Did 12 Zip Lines (so much fun but oh so sweaty and muggy)! Then took a Mexican Limosouine (Army type truck) to the Cenote...a healing pool. Did the Zip Line into the water, so refreshing! Then they took us back to have chicken taco's...so yummy! It was a really great day.

Bought gifts for everyone while in Mexico. Shell necklaces, sterling silver bracelets, and other goodies. I had such a great time and am so thankful to my friend for taking me! Loved the resort (where EVERYTHING was free!) and even loved the sunburns even when we used 45 sunscreen everyday! Ate and drank too much but had SUCH a GREAT time!

I am going in for surgery tomorrow for the mass next to my right ovary that they can't identify. They will go in, take out the mass & quickly run it to Pathology. If the preliminary report shows cancer they will do a complete Hysterectomy, if not they will take out only what they have to. It could last anywhere from 1.5 to 3.5 hours in surgery...fun stuff!

I am scared about this...what if it's cancer? I really don't want to have a Hysterectomy at 39 years old! But it's out of my hands at this point so we will see what happens tomorrow.

So glad I got a week in Mexico before all this...had such great time! Wish me luck tomorrow! I will post pics of Mexico soon!!! Hugs!

No comments: